Kirkhill Parent Council
The next meeting of the Parent Council will be on Date to be Confirmed
Contact the Parent Council at parentcouncil [@] kirkhillprimary.co.uk
Parent Council FAQ:
What is the Parent Forum and Parent Council?
– Every parent with a child at the school is a member of the Parent Forum.
– The Parent Forum can choose to have their views represented through a Parent Council.
– Parent Council is a smaller body that can represent parents’ views to the school, local authority and HMIe.
What does the Parent Council do?
– Support the school in its work with pupils
– Gather and represent the views of parents and carers
– Encourage links between the school, parents and carers, pupils, pre-school groups and the wider community.
– Be involved in appointment of senior staff
What can the Parent Council do?
– Work in partnership with one another and the school for the benefit of all children
– Provide a voice for parents in schools and in their local authority on issues which are important to them and their children
– Help the school to understand how to most effectively involve parents in their children’s learning and in the life of the school
– Support the school in developing strong home / school partnerships
– Capture the wide and varied skills, interests, knowledge and experience parents can offer
– Assist at and organise events
What the Parent Council is not:
– A group with responsibility for what goes on in school
– A group to which the Head Teacher is ‘accountable’
– A group independent of other parents
– A group which ignores the views / wishes of the majority of parents
– A group which majors on the views / wishes of a minority of parents
– A group which seeks to ‘divide and conquer’
– A single interest group