STEM week in P1!
What a week! This week we have been exploring science, technology, engineering and maths in lots of different ways! We have been…
- working independently on our own creations at the wood working table
- trying out our coding skills on the Chrome Books
- exploring some loose parts (pipes and crates) in the garden
- working in teams to construct something that would help some stranded animals cross a huge river that appeared in our classroom
- using Codapillars to learn even more about coding
- designing huge marble runs using pipes and tubes
- building tiny houses and working out how to make the bricks stick
- creating models from junk – Arran made an amazing One Button Benny at home too!
- learning all about electrical circuits and how they work – Thank you April!
- learning from the P6s at their amazing Science Fair
- discovering that we are all made of DNA and we even got to SEE our DNA! IF YOUR CHILD CAME HOME WITH SOMETHING THAT LOOKED LIKE A URINE SAMPLE IN A PLASTIC TUBE PLEASE DON’T PANIC! 🙂
- meeting real live scientists! (Thank you so much Adam and Beth!)
We all shared our learning from the week too, have look at these great learning reflections!